Why I am weird – Top Ten Tuesday Tag
We all have strange and wonderful things that are unique to us. Some of the closest people in our lives get to see these weird quirks and habits but I feel like everyone else misses out. Of course, there are people who would say that strangers probably shouldn’t know how weird you are…. How boring is that though? In an attempt to get to know you all better I have decided to create the “Why I am weird” tag. It fits perfectly in with your Top Ten Tuesday posts or can be completed any time you like. I LOVE finding out silly things about people as it really shows their personality and some of their influences. So, I’ll show you mine you show me yours, right?! Promise?!
“Why I am Weird” Tag rules
- List ten weird things about yourself, your life or silly habits that you wouldn’t normally share.
- Tag up to ten people so you can get to know them better.
- Link back to the person who tagged you & the creator
- Comment on the posts of people you tagged!
Why I am Weird
- On very close friend’s birthdays I sing a different version of ‘Happy Birthday’ to the Star Wars theme tune. It goes “Itsa your birthday, itsa your birthday, itsa your birthday, happy birthdayyyyy”. If you think that is weird, you should hear some of my Christmas carols.
- Did you ever watch Duck Tales? If you did you may remember the end of the opening song where it goes ‘Duck Tales Awoowoo’. If I get book post then whether I or my partner pick it up, one of us shouts “book mail awoowoo” to the same tune. I have no idea why that started but it stuck.
- I get weirded out by people outside of my childhood friends or family calling me by my name (Adele) instead of Delly.
- Food fads have always been a bit of an issue with me. When I decide I really like a food I will happily eat it for three meals a day until I reach a point where I won’t touch it again for months.
- I am the facilitator of many conversations between my two dogs, Buddy and Penny, in which only their voices feature. My dogs having their own voices should probably be a separate entry but I will just add that in here too.
- Most of my best friends are in my computer.
- Despite being significantly over five years old I love climbing into cardboard boxes. I have indeed done this at work when we have had something big delivered. The last time I also used the bubblewrap as a cape for a significant part of the morning. Yes, there are pictures somewhere….
- Another work one. We receive small cuddly toys as a bonus gift when we order our Christmas cards. I have a penguin and a husky, who have their own show, aptly named “The Penguin and Husky Show”. They use a comic medium to solve various issues during my lunch hour. I am of course under the desk puppeting them at this point. It has been a while since I have done this but I can confirm that more shows have been requested by my colleagues.
- I talk about myself in the third person frequently.
- The weirdest thing about me is that my heart doesn’t have a pulmonary artery. I have extra, collateral vessels instead and on an MRI it looks like I have a birds nest in my chest.
Now you know me that little bit better, whether you wanted to or not, it is your turn! It is meant as a fun tag so no pressure, just share what you want to. I tag the following people to take part in my little challenge:
Cassandra at http://thebibliophagist.blog/
If you would like to try a book based tag then check out my Fairy Tale Book Tag for you to complete. Thank you for reading!