Audible Sale – May 2020
It has been a while since I have done an Audible sale post. I always like a bargain and whenever there is a good sale I love sharing my finds with you! Audible has started a new 2-4-1 members sale, which has a good selection of audiobooks to choose from. It ends at 10am 31st May so you don’t have long left to grab a bargain. Here are my top picks for you to check out:
- Sorcery of Thorns by Margaret Rogerson – A YA fantasy about an apprentice at a magical library who must battle a powerful sorcerer to save her kingdom.
- The Girl of Ink & Stars by Kiran Millwood Hargrave. A short & sweet Middle Grade fantasy novel. Isabella follows her elaborate ink maps and the stars to find her best friend who has disappeared. The Forgotten Territories of the island are full of mystery and monsters. Isabella comes to realise that her real purpose is to save the island itself.
- The City of Brass by S. A. Chakraborty. Book one in the wonderful Daevabad trilogy. A YA fantasy that starts in 18th century Cairo, full of magic and great world building.
- Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo. The is the first in an extremely popular YA fantasy duology. It is regularly featured in Audible sale and I have mentioned it in previous posts. Taking a trip to Ketterdam we meet the criminal prodigy Kaz Brekker. With heists, spies, thieves and heart-renders the book promises to be action packed and full of interesting characters.
- A Court of Frost and Starlight by Sarah J Maas. If you loved the original trilogy then this is a lovely slip back into Velaris and your favourite friendship group. It focuses on the aftermath of the war and how they deal with the lingering shadows of their pasts. I reviewed A Court of Frost and Starlight in a post here, if you want to learn more!
Science Fiction Picks
- Artemis by Andy Weir. A sci-fi novel that takes place in Artemis, the lone city on the moon. It is a high-stakes heist story that I have been meaning to read for ages. This might be the perfect opportunity!
- The Martian by Andy Weir. Andy Weir’s famous sci-fi novel narrated by Wil Wheaton. Astronaught Mark Watney becomes one of the first people to walk on Mars but now is sure he will be the first to die there. Will his relentless refusal to quit and resourcefulness be enough for him to beat the impossible odds against him?
- The Miseducation of Cameron Post by Emily M. Danforth – A YA coming-of-age novel where orphaned Cameron falls in love with her best female friend. She is sent to a religious conversion camp where she faces the cost of denying her true identity.
- Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro. This is a harrowing contemporary novel where the characters almost don’t feel real but that is the point. Raised only to be organ donors, Ishiguro gives us an intimate look at lives as commodity. A theme that is very relevant today.
- Gut by Giulia Enders. A non-fiction pick! Gut health is extremely important to our overall health and well being. This is a great book to learn more about one of our most under-appreciated organs!
Will you be buying anything from this Audible sale? It is the first time in a while where I think they have offered a really good selection. If you have any spare credits then hopefully this post will help you decide how to spend them.